Google Scholar page
Papers in Progress:
- The joint decision between investment, financing, and accounting discretion: Evidence from a structural model, with T. Ruchti.
- The effect of paid preparer competition on individual tax avoidance, with A. Finley and J. Rosett
- Credit derivatives and firm investment, with F. Yu.
- Strategic selling and fair valuation when there is a gap between rating agencies’ and regulatory agencies’ credit risk assessment, with M. Koo and T. Le.
Papers in Progress:
- Measuring the magnitude and contracting value of accounting discretion: Evidence from a structural model.
- Debt contract strictness and credit cycles.
- Defensive credit agreement language, with A. Badawi.
- Corporate credit derivatives, with F. Yu, Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Economics and Finance.
- Credit rating agency and equity analysts' adjustments to GAAP earnings, 2017, with V. Muslu, Contemporary Accounting Research 34: 783-817.
- Credit derivatives and analyst behavior, with J. Qiu and F. Yu, 2016,The Accounting Review, 91: 1315-1343.
- Disclosure-derived financial statement adjustments in equity valuation, with J. Rosett and A. Ganguly, 2014, Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies 17: 1-39.
- Political connections and accounting quality under high expropriation risk, with R. Sucre and M. Weidenmier, 2014, European Accounting Review 23: 485-517.
- The direct relevance of accounting information for credit default swap pricing, 2014, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting 38: 1096-1122.
- Financial statement recasting and credit risk assessment, with J. Rosett and A. Ganguly, 2014, Accounting and Finance 54: 47-82.
- The impact of equity misvaluation on predictive accuracy of bankruptcy models, 2014, with W. Wongsunwai, Journal of Fixed Income 24: 5-18.
- A liquidity-based explanation of convertible arbitrage alphas, 2011, with G. Chacko and B. Dharan, Journal of Fixed Income, 20: 28-43.